Friday, March 2, 2012

Email Feb. 26, 2012*

Hello Mom,

Well how are you? Sounds like things are a little crazy there at home. Not much has changed I guess. Well I will start with my week.

So we went to Asunción on Wednesday night for zone conference on Thursday. It was pretty sweet. Home sweet home. It had been too long since I had smelled the sweet smell of... Well I dont know how sweet Asunción smells, but you know what I mean. Zone conference was good. President Madariaga gave us an awesome lesson about faith and how it is a process. He talked about 4 different levels of faith and it being a knowledge and all sorts of stuff. I learned a lot. Then after conference, we had missed the nice bus to take back out to our area, so everyone in the zone was planning to take the 11 oclock bus that night, but the zone leaders pulled a quick one on us and told us we had to leave right then to catch the bus. We piled into the mission van and took off, and next thing we know we are at the terminal, but the bus isnt at the terminal, it is somewhere else. So we had to walk for about 15 minutes to catch it, and it was a rough bus. Let us just say that it took forever to get back to La Paloma. But all tranquilo with the zone leaders, their area is fairly close to Asunción..... Hahaha gotta love the mission.

This week we have really started to focus on the grandma of Isaías because now she is really starting to open up to us. On Saturday she accepted an invitation to be baptized. It was a pretty awesome lesson. Now with Isaías, we have a good member to leave and do visits with us, and we are going to start in his own house. He is so awesome. He is doing really great. I am going to send home a voice recording of him, I also recorded his testimony this week to send home. If you could please save this for me. My player is starting to act up on me a bit.

Yesterday I had one of those really awesome mission experiences that I wont forget. We were planning on visiting this less active guy(served a mission here in Paraguay) in the branch, and he actually had come to church that day. So we were thinking, sweet, this is going to be great. Around 4 o clock I called him to see if we could come by a bit later. He told me to come about 5 30. About 20 minutes later he called back and said to come right then. When we got there he told us that he was struggling really bad. Especially when we had called. He asked, why did you call me? How did you know to call? He told us how he felt so alone in his life. I asked him how long it had been since he had talked to his Father in Heaven. He said a long time. We talked about the Plan of Salvation with him and the role of our Savior. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had in my mission. We gave him a blessing before we left. So awesome.

This is the true Church of Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary and having these types of experiences.

Have a great week.

Love, Elder Naegle


Mom. Tell Sam that he is a great example to me and that I love him. Tell him to email me when he can.

No comments:

Post a Comment