Thursday, March 8, 2012

Email March 4, 2012

Hello Mom!

Well another Monday morning here in La Paloma, Paraguay. Pretty cool to hear about the Amazing Race in Paraguay. I got a good chuckle about them complaining about the heat. Welcome to my life! Every day baby! But, it is cooling down.... Not really... Thought I had you going for a second... And I am glad you were able to listen to the testimony of Isaías. He is such a great kid. He received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday too. Oh yeah! so awesome. Anyway. I will get to that a little bit later...

The big news of the week..... Special Changes!!!! And.... Gardner and I are still here... But.... My faithful district leader is now gone, and guess who replaced him. None other than Richins!!!! Booo Yeah!!! It is good having my old comp in Puente Kyhja now. Plus. I had to go in to Asunción to sign stuff for my visa (which is all worked out now), so I was able to come back out with Richins and just talk to him on the 7 hour bus ride. I made a voice recording, but it is not showing up now, so sorry you won't get to hear my sweet voice this week. But anyway. So awesome. I am so excited. That all happened friday by the way. We got the call wednesday night, went into Asunción thursday night, and came back friday afternoon. So you will notice a Burger King charge on my credit card..... Love you Mom.

As far as the work goes here in La Paloma. Well Isaías is helping us a ton. His grandmother was in church yesterday. She has a baptismal date for conference weekend. I can't believe conference is right around the corner by the way. Also we are teaching his companion in school. He didn't come to church yesterday and his cell phone is broken so we haven't been able to get a hold of him, but he is very interested so I am confident we will be having several baptisms in the next few weeks. We are also teaching the cousin of Isaías. Hahaha just about everyone he knows. He is a cool kid, and the branch here really likes him. They are going to throw him a birthday party on Saturday. And they know how to give someone a birthday party. The cake is getting to my belly.... I have eaten a lot of cake here. They always have cake. Such a wonderful and terrible thing... haha

Yesterday in church we also had a visitor in church. A friend of a return missionary in the branch. He is a return missionary from Colombia. Served in Barranquila. He saw my bag, and asked, "where did you get that?" , "my brother, he served in Colombia". after a minute of talking, we came to find out that Parker Winters was this kid's zone leader. Pretty cool. Small world. Can't remember his name. Sorry. But a Paraguayo that got back in January. Ask him that.

Well. Life is pretty good here. I hope life is the same back home. Love you all. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I bore my testimony of its truthfulness in church yesterday and it felt wonderful. Love you Mom. You are the greatest.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment