Thursday, October 18, 2012

Email October 15, 2012*

Hey Mom,

So I am training again!!! Yep. Pretty crazy. I am training Elder Phippen from West Jordan. He is a great kid. Also, Elder Shumway is training, so that makes me a grandpa in the mission.... I am an old man. Johnson went to a place called Emboscada, he was pretty sad to leave, but that is life. 

I would assume that Elder Bednar will talk to both of our missions at the same time, because we are going to Fernando de la Mora which is in the south mission. My branch meets in the building with Kennedy. So they are a ward and we are a branch, for now...... Elder Hill is my really good buddy. He was comps with Richins in Trinidad after I left, and he is in my district now. We get along great. Richins always told me about him out in Paloma, and now we have been together for 3 changes. He was training for 2 changes, and they stayed together for a 3rd. Willes is his comp. Willes knows Paige Andersen.

Your little comment about the the beach front property made me pretty trunky.... But not in a bad way. I laughed pretty good. I am excited for it. I am trying to work my tail off and be super obedient here with my second kid. Having a 2nd shot at it and seeing my first fruits in the training meeting made me really want to do the best I can so Elder Phippen has a really good impact on the mission. Clearly Elder Shumway is doing well too, but I don't take any credit for that. He is just an awesome kid. I miss being with him.

So we had some good lessons this week. Elder Phippen struggles a bit with Spanish, but that is expected. The great thing is that he isn't afraid to speak. He wants to share his testimony and it is awesome. One thing I have really been trying to focus on is having the Spirit. We had a lesson with a lady where we taught the Restoration. After sharing the first vision with her, she said, "Joseph Smith was a prophet, he really saw God and Jesus Christ didnt he? I can feel it in my heart that what you guys are saying is true." We explained that we have the Spirit with us and that is why she feels like that when we come over. It was really cool.

I am really starting to understand the importance of letting go of our desires and replacing them with the Lord's desires. For a long time in my mission I have been obedient and worked hard, but I often times didn't love it and would have rather been doing something else. I can honestly say right now that I love the mission. Some days stink, I would rather be cuttin up some glass at Bear Lake on the ski, but I understand that waterskiing wouldn't make me any happier. So I have 8 months left, and I am going to make them count. And when I get back you better believe I am going to do all the stuff I love!

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He atoned for our sins. I know it.

Love, Elder Naegle

ps. Sorry Mom my sd card is still loaded with that virus.... You might not get to see me until Christmas! Hahaha Love you Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment