Monday, October 29, 2012

Email October 22, 2012

Hello Mom,

Well I am not feeling the greatest, I have been a little sick these last few days. Not sure what is going on. I got the usual "chivivi" and I have just not been 100%. But that is alright! The work goes on! So I got my package! I am wearing one of the ties. I am saving the really good looking one for Elder Bednar. 

Mom, who is Mike Harris? Is that ACS's mechanic? or did I just make a complete fool of myself? I have to remember hundreds of names so you will have to forgive me.... Tell Nick Reid congrats for me. 

So on Wednesday we had to go to Asuncion. I got a call from the secretary and he told me I was almost illegal. So I had to go to sign my visa papers. I got to see Elder Richins for a split second, cause he is a zone leader in that zone. Anyway. We went and signed then we had to wait for some latins getting shots, and we were in downtown Asuncion. So the secretary suggested that we go to the market where all the missionaries who are going home go. On the way he told me that you emailed him asking about you coming down to pick me up. Basically the whole thing got me really really trunky for a second! Hahahaha but I had an interview in San Lorenzo at 1:50 so I had to hustle back and get into missionary mode again.

My interview with President Madariaga was great. He taught me many things. Plus he told me that I speak well! Maybe he was just trying to make me feel good... But either way it worked!

That same day we had a cool experience. It was getting a little late, we had another visit to do, but we contacted a reference really quick. We started the lesson, but before we had really even taught much Elder Phippen started inviting her to be baptized. It kinda caught me off guard, but I prayed the Spirit would be in his words (also because I thought she probably wouldn't understand what he had said). She accepted without hesitation. A little surprised, I testified, then put her with a baptismal date. It was  a cool experience. I have found that we as missionaries often get in the way of the Spirit because of our "incredulidad". Sorry... Spanglish... forgot that one in english....

Saturday night/Sunday morning was rough. I woke up to a huge storm and about cried. I started praying really hard that our members and investigators would go to church anyway. It was a small service... A total of 3 members were there... A tough end to a tough week, but we keep moving forward. 

Hope you all have a great week. Just so you are all aware. I will see KO on Saturday! Also Elder Bednar. 400 missionaries in the stake center in Fernando de la Mora. It is going to be awesome. The weird thing is that Kelon is literally a 30 minute bus ride away from where I am right now... Pretty close.... too bad he is so obedient.... haha just kidding. obedience brings blessings. 

Love, Elder Naegle


 a picture with my comp, Elder Phippen, Elder Shumway, and my grandchild.






No comments:

Post a Comment