Thursday, October 4, 2012

Email October 1, 2012

Hello Mom,

Sounds like you had a busy week. Too bad that Andrew didn't get to go to state again in golf, but there is always next year. That is great that you had a good time at the cabin with the Fousts. Congratulations to Tootin Terry! That is awesome that he got his best time. 

No I haven't heard from Isaias, I have written him twice I think, but I haven't got anything back. I did talk to Elder Shumway though. He told me that he was able to go to Asuncion with the Zalema family and do baptisms at the temple and go to seminary. Afterwards he went back to Paloma super pumped up! He realized that there are actually other youth in the church! haha not just him out there in Paloma. So last I heard, he is doing awesome.

The converts here in Paso are doing awesome as well. Mariano and family are going strong. Rosi is doing well. Hernan is doing fantastic! We were able to give him a Preach My Gospel, he is going mission crazy! He wants to serve so bad. September of 2013 he will be able to go. That is all he talks about. He blessed the sacrament for the first time on Sunday and gave a talk as well. He is a stud. 

So yeah. Paso de Oro. It is awesome. We have changes here in another week. We'll see what happens. This week was good. I was almost killed by a bus, but I am quick like a cat, so I was able to jump out of the way before I got flattened like the pathetic pancakes that I have made in my mission. I couldn't be better! Well, AC would be nice.... But we can't have everything we want!!!

Yesterday after church we were able to go visit our investigators Estela and Osmar with our elders quorum pres, David Toledo and his mom, the hermana Toledo. The visit went well. We had a testimony meeting with them and the Spirit was there. It was really great. But as always, the lesson part of the lesson was not what really counted, it was the before and after. When members chat with investigators in Guarani, and I understand about 4% of what is being said... It truly is a great blessing. When investigators have friends in the church it makes all the difference. 

I don't know about yall (Dan in the NC shoutout, boo yeah!), but I'm excited for conference! It is going to be awesome. I am looking forward to my prayers being answered, but even more than that, I want to make some awesome promises to people this week! (by the Spirit of course). I know that people will receive the answers to the questions they have in conference. It is awesome.

Well. Chaucito. Have a good one. No pictures. Sorry, memory card still infected with virus...

Love, Elder Naegle 

No comments:

Post a Comment