Monday, October 29, 2012

Email October 29, 2012

Hello Mom!

Well.... I saw KO and Elder Bednar on the same day! It doesn't get much better than that! It was so awesome. I got to the stake center and saw someone that was in his MTC district and asked if he was there, he said yes so I hurried inside. I turned the corner and saw him. Don't think I have given someone a bigger hug in my life! But don't you worry Mom, You will get a bigger hug!!!! It was so great to talk to him. But I will talk a little more about that later.

It was kinda a tough week. We worked hard, but it seemed like everything we had set up failed. It felt like we killed a bunch  of time and it wasn't our fault and I could feel myself getting frustrated. Plus I have been feeling really tired lately. Actually before I forget, Mom, my belly is getting bigger. And not fat bigger, just bigger. I have less energy, I have been just not feeling very good. My conclusion, worms... But I don't know. Maybe you could look up exactly what worms would do to me if I had a bunch? I know I have been making jokes about it.... And it still is pretty dang funny.... But the movie Alien is a whole lot more real right now. hahaha

So anyway. We put it all on the line with 2 of our investigators this week. Carolina, who was supposed to get baptized, but didn't go to church, and Manuel, who needs to get married to the 2nd counselor's daughter. And well, we saw the fruits. Both of them were in church and are progressing and should be baptized this week on Saturday.

We also had 3 other investigators in church. 2 of which are this awesome family. Hugo and Natividad. They are progressing so nicely. They already have testimonies of the Restoration, just a matter of getting a ring on that finger... They are planning to get married the first week of December, so a little bit of time away. We had an awesome lesson yesterday about the questions of the soul that can be answered in the Book of Mormon. it was great.

So the mission conference was awesome. Elder Bednar taught us some awesome things. He didn't give a talk. Rather he asked, "What did you learn from the reading?" which was 2 talks that we read before hand. People raised their hands, and from their answers he gave more instruction. But he was very clear that he was not the teacher. "El Espiritu Santo es el maestro" was about all he knew in Spanish, but he said it often. I learned so much. There was a time for questions as well which was also incredible.

Talking to Kelon was like a dream. You would think we would talk about super important stuff or something, but then we wouldn't have been ourselves! We talked like we always did. It was awesome. I realized that he goes through the exact same trials that I do, and that he is every ounce of the missionary I expected him to be and even more. We couldn't take a photo because it was a specific rule of the conference, but that is how it goes. I also saw Johnny and Jordan Hager. 

All in all it was a great experience. A once in a lifetime experience. I will never forget it. I am excited to see all my buddies again, but there is no where I would rather be.

Love you all so much.

Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment