Sunday, October 14, 2012

Email October 8, 2012

Hello Mom,

Well this week was awesome. I have many things to say so hopefully I won't forget all of them. First of all, time has changed in Paraguay starting yesterday, so we are now forward one hour. Second, God looks after his missionaries! This is a silly example, but it still applies. This morning I was cooking breakfast, and without realizing I stepped on a scorpion. I was only wearing flip flops. later I looked down and realized and chuckled. Close one! As I was taking a picture of him, he got back up and started coming at me. He was a mean little guy. The chicken we fed him to was happy though.

Another example. Elder  Johnson fell out of a tree this week when we were doing a service! We were cleaning out mango trees of the power lines to a house and such with machetes, when I heard a snap, thud, and a moan. Luckily he was fine. He fell right where there was no concrete. But the branch that broke was filled with ants, and let's just say they weren't too happy, so they started attacking. It was pretty funny. He was pretty sore all week though.

But. Best news of the whole week! Are you ready!!!????? Both paraguay missions will have a conference on the 27th with Elder Bednar!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah!!!! WHat's up KO??????

Plus we had conference this week. Life just doesn't get better. But before I talk about conference I want to talk about something else. I started a 40 day fast this week. And it has been awesome. In other words, I started with a fast, then at the end of the fast I wrote down a list of all the things that keep me from having the Spirit, and then for 40 days I don't do those things. I also added some things that I will do. This is the 2nd time I have done it, but this time I am taking it more seriously and have put more reasonable things. I have noticed a huge difference and invite all of you to do it as well.

One lesson we had this week was with this lady, and after asking tons of questions, she just wasn't giving us anything to work with. So we started in on the Restoration. After about 2 minutes, a question popped into my head and I asked her. How do you feel when you go to your church? Simple question, some might say it isn't inspired at all. She started with the answer of, "I feel great, really uplifted..." But then her answer started to change, ".. but when I leave the church, that feeling leaves, I want to fight with my husband, I don't feel good all week." I bore my testimony to her about how I feel good all week and it is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that I feel that way. We shared Alma 7, then shared in 3 Nephi 18 about the Sacrament, and how it is for those that have repented and been baptized. This can only be found in the true Church of Jesus Christ by the true authority. It was one of the most spiritual lessons I have had. Her whole attitude changed, she said, "I want you to come back and share with my husband, I would assume we have to get married to be baptized? I want to get married." It was incredible.

As far as conference talks go, well I loved Elder Christofferson's talk. I love the way he puts together a talk. Priesthood session was the bomb, and not just because it was the only one I watched in English. Elder Holland's was really awesome as well, especially because it was a spitten image of one he gave in the MTC while Benny was there that is still circling my mission. All of my prayers were answered in conference. After saturday session, I thought, "well now I have to think of more things to ask my Heavenly Father". 

Saturday was pretty cool as well because I had more investigators than there were members from Paso. Hahaha. It was a very successful weekend for us in Paso. We will be having several baptisms here in a couple of weeks. One of our investigators, Miguela, is blind, she has awesome faith. We will be getting the BOM on CD for her this week. Have a great week. I pray for you. Let us follow the council of the Prophet and apostles.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment